Thursday, August 29, 2013

Kali Ma


I invoke Kali Ma. Bring it down, bring it all down, Ma. Destroy the patriarchy who over and over again exhibits their abhorrence and disrespect for the Mother, for the mothers, for women and girls, for justice, for equality. Destroy the liars, destroy the cheats, cut off their heads and hands and let them bleed. I will dance in that blood.

In these waning days of an age, the illusion is so strong my eyes can only see the fiction, fantasy, farcical in its unreality. The US government leads the charge in the realm of the absurd. I invoke Kali Ma, Durga Ma: lead the celestial army, cut the haters down, destroy those who sit on their pedestals of privileged wealth, arrogant in the beliefs they have our welfare at heart. Shiva, dance on the ignorance of those who believe the liars. Goddess, I despise the stupidity of the shmoes who think corporate backed individuals have their middle class ass’s best interest at heart. Are you kidding?

Fierce One that I am, instinctual, a mama bear who will rip asunder anyone who tries to hurt beloveds. And who are they, my beloveds? Known and unknown to me, they are artists and activists; they are the hungry and dispossessed, women abused, children, elders, those who forget their voice. Could I rip the face off of the idiot who qualifies “legitimate” rape? Could I kick the balls off of the masquerader who would deny funding for the hungry but forces a photo opportunity in a soup kitchen? Could I shoot an arrow through the heart of a system that funds war but not education? Could I tear the guts out of those who subsidize oil, and chemicals, yet denies healthy food? Could I say, “The Devil made me do it?”

Wearing Durga’s calmly beautiful face, loving, peaceful, the fierce of my heart’s desire for fairness, for justice, for living and loving in peace, enough-ness for all the people in this world, I rage against the machine. Peace is my thing, peaceful warrior. I leave Kali her reign.

No comments:

Post a Comment