Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Eve, December 31, 2012



A bone deep narcotic exhaustion settled into my body driving to Play del Carmen, sending a sister of my soul on her way home to Austin. New Year’s Eve day 2012, the final day of an epic year in the Gregorian and Mayan calendars and I am so tired all I can do is spin wheels then lie down. Both sadness and irritability emotionally supported the body’s call. Hours of prayer dream sleep and awakening at 9:35 I realize I won’t be lighting the fire after all. This is the 3rd fire of our fire season that I have not lit the flame. Organically, it appears as if this is where our ritual is now.

Even the anticipation of my most favorite thing, the place where I feel the essence of this self as Fire Keeper, Ecstatic Dancer, was not enough to rouse me out of the depths my body insisted upon. My work is to listen. The work of the ending and beginning manifesting as I returned again and again to my heart and to universal prayers. From prayers to dreams and back again. The walk of the longest road is the head to the heart according to Mayan elder Wandering Wolf, the only road I want to follow. This is how 2012 crossed to 2013 for me. My tribe held fire while I held the innermost prayers, listening and honoring the deep quiet call to within.

I woke up happy this morning. My conviction is clear for the work of peace and transformation: it is in the service of our Mama, this precious Earth. It will be interesting to see how this manifests.